- By Sean Wells - Posted in: Upcoming Events - 17 JUL 2019
Goals of the deadlift seminar - Upcoming August 3rd, 12pm at Oregon CrossFit
By: Christian Stricker
The goals of the upcoming deadlift seminar is to help you learn:
1) How to sumo and conventional deadlift. This includes positioning, bracing and ways to think about and
visualize the way you lift the weight (cues).
*We will be building up to a heavy single of one or the other to determine where your mini-max point, also
known as, your sticking point is so come ready to lift heavy!
2) Where your sticking point is so that you can do the proper assistance exercises (“big” exercises that resemble
the main movement or directly build it, in this case, movements that are similar to and directly build your deadlift, i.e.
block pulls and deficit deadlifts, even squats to a degree) and accessory exercises (“small” exercises intended to build
muscle and strength in the muscles and bodily structures responsible for supporting a heavy deadlift but don’t really
resemble a deadlift or main lift, i.e. GHD raises, Inverse Curls and Reverse Hypers, rows, pull ups, shrugs, etc.).
3) The general areas to focus on and specific exercises that you can use to improve/build the weak points of
your body that will lead to increased poundage on your pulls (and likely improvement in many other movements and
activities) depending on your sticking point. We will focus on the specific exercises so that you can leave with something
you can implement immediately and the general areas to target so that you can choose your own/create your own
exercises to build up weak areas and will not be limited to only the exercises that you learn about at and take away from
a. You’ll learn several exercises and areas of focus for each of the 3 most common sticking points just in
case your sticking point happens to change throughout the course of your lifting career and you need to shift the
focus of your training.
4) How to structure a day of training in terms of warming up, choosing the right exercises, putting the exercises
in an effective order, how to choose the sets and reps you do of each exercise and what types of strength (there are
many types of strength that your body is capable of developing) to focus on each week to continually make progress and
keep your workouts interesting!
Get signed up! Limited spots - Go here to signed up for the Deadlift Seminar - Saturday, August 3rd 12-2pm