- By Sean Wells - Posted in: Nutrition - 21 JUN 2019
Meal Ideas - Fajitas
By: Sarah Gresham
Summer is here which means the bbq at our house is getting a workout these days. These fajitas are super simple & easy to make. Be sure to make extra for meal prep this week!
- 2-lb Skirt Steak
- 1 Sweet Onion
- 3 Bell peppers
- ⅛ cup Avocado oil
- ½ cup Coconut Aminos
- 2 capfuls Red Wine Vinegar
- Drizzle of Honey
- Himalayan salt, pepper, granulated garlic, chili powder & ground cumin to season
- Place Skirt Steak in large casserole dish. Season both sides with Himalayan salt, pepper, granulated garlic, chili powder, and a generous amount of ground cumin.
- In a measuring cup add: ½ cup of coconut aminos, ⅛ cup of avocado oil, 2 capfuls of red wine vinegar, & a generous drizzle of honey. Whisk ingredients together & pour the marinade over the meat. Cover and marinate in the fridge for 2-4 hours.
- Slice onions & bell peppers - place in a bbq safe basket to grill or place on a baking sheet to roast in the oven.
- Fire up the BBQ and grill the peppers and onions for about 20 minutes. *These will take longer to cook than the steak.
- Add skirt steaks to grill on the BBQ. About 3 to 5 minutes on each side depending on thickness & your desired doneness.
- Remove the steaks and let them rest covered for 5-mins.
- Slice steaks against the grain - resist the urge to eat all the steak while slicing it!
- Serve on warm corn tortillas with onions, peppers and top with guacamole!
Email Coach Sarah if you have questions email@example.comNeed help with Nutrition? Schedule your free No Snack Consult here: NO SNACK CONSULT