- By Sean Wells - Posted in: Sports Performance - 12 MAR 2020
With the recent expansion of the Coronavirus, is it important to address the steps that we take on a daily basis here at Oregon CrossFit for the health of our members. These are the steps that we do day in and day out, but as some have asked here is a quick run down:
- OC utilizes Sani Wipes that we use to wipe down any and all equipment touched by anyone training. These wipes are located all around the gym and have the required alcohol levels to kill germs. Our Front Desk staff cleans weekly equipment that might not get wiped by members.
- The gym gets professionally cleaned weekly, including the gym floor(2x weekly) to ensure that it is a safe and clean environment. We utilize a detergent and a Bulldog scrubber - not mop buckets so we know that OC is clean!
- We have hand sanitizer available to use before and after training. A dime size amount used on your hands helps ensure your not spreading any germs.
Those are the big three that OC utilizes on a daily basis to ensure the health and safety of our members. We also have addressed sickness in training in this blog: https://oregoncrossfit.com/blog/sick-feeling-ill but here is a quick recap:
- If you have a fever, STAY HOME. After 24+ hours without a fever, you can consider coming in if you feel up to it and have no other symptoms.
- If you have expelled bodily fluids from either end of your body involuntarily, STAY HOME. At least 48 hours from the last time you had an involuntary ejection of fluid from your body before you even think about coming in.
- If you are coughing, have a runny nose,or symptoms that “feel” like a cold, stay home for 24 hours to be sure. Your gains won’t disappear and the added rest may actually help you to avoid a worse bout of “the sickness”.
Other things to do to be considerate of everyone at the gym:
- Wash your hands with soap and warm water for at least 30 seconds.
- If your kids are sick - please do not bring them to the gym. The above symptoms would apply to your kids as well.
- If you bring kids to the gym please take a moment to clean their toys off before leaving.
- Always cover your sneeze or cough and then wash hands to ensure your not spreading anything to anyone.
Please continue to take care of your health and the health of everyone in the OC community by doing your part.