During the winter & summer months we get a lot of requests for “Vacation Workouts”.
For at home & travel workouts there are plenty of body weight, no equipment necessary, movements you can do… However, these are my four favorite items that I suggest you have to warm-up & maintain those gainz! These items don’t take up much space, which means if you pack like me, you’ll have more room for shoes. Ha!
Equipment that I recommend
Here are 5 workouts you can do in 15 minutes or less
Work out #1:
Warm-Up (lower body) with 4 Rounds of:
Then… EMOM “Every Minute on the Minute” for 10 minutes:
Work out #2
Warm-Up (upper body) with 3 Rounds of:
- 20 Orange or Red Band Pull Aparts
- 10 Seated or Bent Over Banded Rows (place red or blue band under feet & pull – Shoulder blades together – elbows in & back)
Tabata Three Ways (12 minutes total):
- Jump Rope (4:00 minutes – :20 work / :10 rest) *sub jumping jacks if you don’t have a rope.
- Sit Ups (4:00 minutes – :20 work / :10 rest)
- Burpees (4:00 minutes – :20 work / :10 rest)
Workout # 3
Warm-Up (upper body/lower body) with 2 Rounds of:
- 20x Hip Circle Glute Bridges
- 25x Red or Blue Band Good Mornings
- 20x Orange or Red Band Pull Aparts
- 25x Bend Over Banded Rows (place red or blue band under feet & pull – Shoulder blades together – elbows in & back)
After the warm up…
21-15-9 For Time of:
- Air Squats
“Annie”: 50-40-30-20-10 of:
- Double Unders Jump Rope (or singles jumps) *sub jumping jacks if you don’t have a rope.
Pick a warm-up from above…
Everyone’s FAVORITE… 100 BURPEES FOR TIME!
You can also make this workout “not for time” or a “EMOM” such as 10 rounds of 10 burpees or every min on the min for 20 mins do 5 burpees… maybe set an alarm and do 15 burpees every hour. Mix it up!
Vacations workouts don’t need to be long and drawn out. In fact, I have found that these workouts make me feel good, don’t take up too much time and give me plenty of time to enjoy my vacation.
Thanks for checking out Oregon CrossFit in Bend, Oregon. Oregon CrossFit is Central Oregon’s premier CrossFit/Personal Training/Sports Performance facility.