By: Sarah Rogue
Meal Prep – Sweet Potato Skillet Recipe
Breakfast is my favorite… our days start early at OC so it’s pretty much a guarantee that this girl is NOT spending her mornings in the kitchen. Ha! Meal prepping on the weekends is how my family stays on track with our fitness & nutrition goals.
One of our new favorites is this protein packed Sweet Potato Skillet Recipe. So easy to prepare on a Sunday for the week ahead.
- 1-lb ground Italian breakfast sausage (*you can sub ground turkey or chicken and add italian seasoning)
- 1 shallot (diced)
- 1 large bunch of kale (stems removed and chopped)
- 2-3 large sweet potatoes (diced)
- Avocado Oil
- Salt, Pepper & granulated Garlic to season
- Dice 2-3 large sweet potatoes and place on a lined baking sheet. Drizzle with avocado oil & lightly season with Himalayan salt, pepper & granulated garlic to season. BAKE 400’ for 40-45 min.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Drizzle avocado oil in skillet and add ground Italian breakfast sausage and diced shallot. Season with Himalayan salt, pepper, granulated garlic to season. Saute until sausage is cooked through and onion is clear.
- Remove cooked breakfast sausage and place in a casserole dish.
- Add ¼ – ½ cup water to a large pan/pot and add chopped kale. Place the lid on the pan/pot to steam. Check & stir… as soon as it is bright green and soft. Remove from heat and place steamed kale in a casserole dish with breakfast sausage.
- When the roasted sweet potatoes are done… add them to the casserole dish and incorporate.
- This dish is great served with eggs.
Thank you for checking out Oregon CrossFit, central Oregon’s Premier fitness/nutrition/coaching health and fitness establishment.